Dublin 8, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be partnering with Biobank Ireland.
Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting & leading teams in the fight against cancer through research ?
Do you have the skills & experience to help shape & develop the future of cancer research ?
Are you tenacious, go-getting, dynamic, and independent? Do you thrive in the unknown & building a role to be your own? If so…… then this could be the job for you
We are recruiting a brand new role in BioBank Ireland to help us take the next exciting step in our journey
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and facilitate all activities for Biobank Ireland Trust.
- Work effectively with the Biobank Ireland Trust (BIT) Executive Committee and colleagues in St. James’s Hospital Histopathology Biobank (SJHHB)Team
- To assist the implementation of the BIT Business Plan and align strategic goals to operational targets using key performance indicators.
- Work closely with the fundraising committee to (oversee/ implement) the new fundraising strategy for BIT including attending meetings with the fundraising committee.
- Assist with the planning, organising and attendance at our annual fundraising events such as the Annual Golf Classic.
- Ensure that all fundraising activities complies with the Charities Regulator fundraising guidelines and submit an annual report to the Charities Regulator on time.
- Working collaboratively with the Idea Digital team to drive the new website for BIT and work with Idea’s Social Media Manager to help keep social media content regularly updated.
- Coordinate and minute National Biobank Working Group monthly meetings, as well as internal operational meetings and executive meetings where requested.
- Liaise with BIT Directors and Bookkeeper to ensure any new staff of BIT have received the relevant documentation and monitor any holiday leave etc.
- Coordinate meetings with SJHHB and other key stakeholders.
- Assist the Executive Committee in preparing and planning for quarterly board meetings.
- Liaise with BIT Directors to ensure monthly cashflow statements are completed and reported to the board at quarterly meetings.
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience within or good knowledge of the medical/science/pharmaceutical sector Or Experience of working in the fundraising sector or similar.
- A relevant degree or experience in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Strong IT and communication skills
- Ability to build “Story Boards” & adapt communications to all audiences
The position can be managed remotely or from a hot-desk at Idea’s offices in Lad Lane, Dublin 2 (our key marketing patron and Co-Founder/Director’s city centre offices). There is also a requirement to work from offices in St James Hospital 1-2 days a week (subject to Covid restrictions etc.)
9-5.30pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week)
As many of the activities are managed by volunteers occasional evening meetings (approx. 1-2 monthly usually lasting approx. 1 hour from 6-7pm) may have to be attended normally via remote access.