Assistant Manager – Air & Sea Freight – €60k
North Dublin, Full Time
Assistant Manager – Air & Sea Freight
Location – North Dublin
Salary – €60k + benefits.
Our client based in North Dublin are seeking an experienced Freight Forwarding Management Professional to join their team. The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory / management experience in a busy air / ocean freight department.
- Import & Export Operations
- Price jobs / projects as per customer requirements
- Follow up on specific customer quotes, and provide clarification around commercial aspects
- Participate in the review of customer and job profitability
- Delegation of operational duties to air / sea members
- Oversee daily operations of team to ensure all tasks are followed up and completed within required time frames
- Support team members on training requirements that arise, team development is important
- Maintain high level of customer service at all times, fast response and turnaround on all tasks and activities
- Initiate SOP/SLA internally for all service processes so team are clear and can follow SOP/SLA to meet requirements and understand their role
- Assist senior management and finance teams on reporting or queries that arise within a timely manner
- 5 years + experience in global Air Freight & Sea Freight
- Supervisory / Management experience is essential
- Ability to multi task within a busy environment
- Experience of liaising with airlines & liner agents
- Good communication skills, interaction with global offices.