Assistant Manager – Builders Merchants
North Dublin, Full Time
Our client, a leading supplier to the construction industry in Ireland are seeking an experienced Retail Assistant Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will be results driven with experience in construction retail and a proven track record of achieving KPIs and Targets. A minimum of three years previous experience is essential.
- To ensure store standards are of the highest order at all times and drive sales across the entire site
- Day to day management of a fast-paced site operation
- Achieving KPIs with staff and management to achieve optimum sales while ensuring that operational costs are kept to target
- Availability and Inventory management
- Recruitment, Training, Development & Performance Management
- Adherence to policy and procedure as laid out by the company
- Ensure that the sales teams both internal & external, provide a professional, friendly and enthusiastic customer service experience
- Build up and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Working in conjunction with the stock controllers ensuring stock ranges and quantities are maintained at agreed levels.
- Generate a culture of continuous improvement through performance coaching and leading by example in terms of commitment, enthusiasm, and drive..
- To perform any other duties as and when required by Management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a retail management position with links to the construction industry.
- Proven people management and leadership capability
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good delegation skills;
- KPIs and targets driven;
- Commerciality and brand awareness;
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- A strong understanding of the construction industry essential
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – North Dublin
Salary: €40k – €50k DOE
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent