Assistant Production Manager
Wicklow, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently working together with our well established client based in the Wicklow / Wexford area to recruit an experienced Assistant Production Manager to join their team. The right candidate will aspire to be a part of and support the operations team to drive production and achieve company targets, while ensuring smooth running of manufacturing, logistics, and communications between sites, customers, warehouse, and production in relation to orders, stocks, and queries.
Responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with day-to-day management of site
- Own production planning to include push and pull scheduling.
- Ensure orders are despatched OTIF.
- Ensure stocks are controlled and counted as required.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure queries are followed up and concluded.
- Adhere to maintenance schedule and requirements, as directed.
- Provide guidance to supervisors in the event of quality or health and safety issues.
- Assist in management of all production supervisors and operators.
- Generate weekly / monthly performance metrics.
Health & Safety:
- Maintain H&S requirements for the site.
- Report any H&S issues, incidents or near misses to management.
- Monitor H&S on a daily basis.
- Oversee correct operation and servicing of all machinery and equipment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work independently under the Operations Manager, and as part of the production team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with other people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- An organised individual with strong attention to detail.
- Be pro-active, with a desire to implement improvements when and where appropriate.
- Computer literate essential. SAP Business One knowledge preferred but not required.
- Previous production, manufacturing, or operational experience essential, ideally in a food, packaging, or pharma role.