Assistant Production Manager – Food Production Facility – Dublin North
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Production Manager for an established Food Production facility in Dublin North. The ideal candidate will assist in the management of a complex production facility with a wide range of food products. The responsibilities include all production related matters from goods in through to goods out. The candidate will play a key role as a senior member of the management team to continue the development of a growing company.
- Leadership ability, personal pride and confidence to motivate and manage.
- Conscientiousness about deadlines with organisational ability and the adaptability to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks.
- Good industry knowledge and sufficient process experience in new technologies.
- The ability to contribute to the management team, the initiative to develop innovative solutions to problems and the determination to complete projects and implement change
- Strong commercial awareness and good judgement skills.
- Must have senior level experience in a multi-national/ large company environment in food production. A good knowledge of the food industry and an interest in food is necessary.
- Third level education is essential, ideally in food or process technology.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role is essential.
- To ensure that production is to the highest standard compatible with cost controls and assist with the speedy resolution of operating issues.
- To be responsible for stock counts, raw material ordering and receipt into stores with traceability documentation and QC checks.
- To ensure that raw materials and finished goods are properly stored and rotated and that sales orders are processed with accurate documentation and maximum service levels.
- To monitor and improve control systems and responsibility for manufacturing and logistics.
- To assist in preparing and implement an annual production and capacity plan so that plant and personnel are in place to meet sales demand.
- To plan production to maximise service levels, yields and efficiency with minimum waste while maintaining all food safety, quality and hygiene standards.
- To liaise with other managers and to play a key role in planning and launching new products.
- To evaluate alternative methods and processes and implement improvements.
- To plan the level of maintenance required and ensure that the appropriate level of maintenance spares are in stock to minimise downtime.
- To understand the company’s budgeting, costing systems and margins.
- To negotiate prices so that costs are minimised and to be aware of all labour and other costs in the production and distribution operations.
- To ensure that production, distribution and maintenance areas are maintained at the highest level of hygiene to comply with regulations.
Location – Dublin North
Salary – negotiable, depending on experience
To apply please forward your CV to Louise at Executive Talent