Cold Store Manager
Dublin 12, Full Time
We are delighted to be partnering up with our client based in Dublin 12 to recruit the newest member of their ever growing team. The role is for an warehouse manager. This company is one of Ireland’s largest distributors supplying the leading brands.
This role will be working 5/7 days with over time when required. Suitable candidates will have previous experience leading teams and working within a warehouse environment.
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Experience working in a large, fast paced Warehousing and Logistics operations.
- Full control of warehouse Cost Budgets
- Health & Safety and Legal obligations – adherence to Company policies and procedures & ensure H&S policy is implemented and adhered to
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Day to day management and planning of the shift operation, ensuring DC standards and targets are met.
- Provide reports for management as directed. Examples being consolidating information from various sources to provide executive summaries, trends, metrics, etc. (labour costs, accuracy, results, etc.)
- Meet regularly with senior management to review, analyse, and develop actionable plans for efficiency and productivity.
- Staff Training & Development Plans – implement Distribution Centre succession plan
- Distribution Centre Security
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Payroll management
- Accident Frequency Rate
- Service Levels
- Costs – Budget vs. Projection
- Food Safety, Health & Safety Audit and Quality Audits
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Customer Centric People Management
- Unyielding Integrity Project Management
- People-Oriented Warehouse Management
- Leadership Driven Performance Management
- Experience in a chill environment
- Prides themselves on his strong work ethic and ability to lead a team.
- IT proficient
- Responsible, accurate and used to working to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading a team, achieving goals, objectives and targeted deadlines.
- Determination to improve performance with the utmost sense of efficiency and professionalism. Proven skills in merchandising and a big picture thinker
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills and demonstrated abilities in achieving targets.
- Forward thinking supervisor who has worked in a very fast paced environments where attention to detail and customer service are at the forefront of the operations.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated individual with interpersonal and communication skills
- Dealing with customers/suppliers, containers loading/unloading, receipt and dispatch.
- Safe operation of forklifts, checks and training, KPI’s, staff analyses, backhaul planning, inbound scheduling.