Customs and Compliance Manager
North Dublin, Full Time
Our client, a market leader in logistics and freight forwarding is seeking to recruit an experienced Customs and Compliance Manager.The successful candidate will lead a large team with responsibility for the effective management of all customs matters, as well as other vital compliance areas.
- Be the in-house expert on all customs-related matters
- Ensure all goods moving are customs cleared in a timely fashion. Customs clearance will be both to/ from Great Britain and other third countries
- Co-ordinate with planning colleagues to confirm which consignments are in order to ship and to optimise how loading should take place
- Control Common Transit consignments, both national and international
- Management of all paperwork required to allow the company to operate on behalf of customers (including Direct Representation and permission to use deferment facilities).
- Liaise with customs authorities, both in regard to clearance queries and subsequent audit
- Develop the customs function as a profit centre
- Responsible for the control and update of all changes to the customs code
- In depth knowledge of customs clearance requirements and procedures
- Excellent understanding of supply chains and of the freight forwarding arena
- Minimum of 5 years previous senior management experience in a similar or complementary role
- Motivated results driven self-starter
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail, awareness of deadlines and time management
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – North Dublin
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent