Customs Clearance clerk
Dublin 24, Full Time
Executive Talent currently have a new position working with our client based in Dublin24 within the customs clearance team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, forward thinking company.
- Plan, direct and control UK import activities on a day to day basis.
- Liaise with carriers for shipping information.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is in place to allow smooth transition of imported goods to Valeo sites.
- Complete Export Customs Entries.
- Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto the system prior to arrival/departure, checking paperwork for accuracy.
- Complete Import & Export entries in accordance to received documentation.
- Monitor incoming information and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
- Complete Import month-end routines as directed by the manager.
- Identify and provide early warning to relevant internal managers on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management.
- Assist in follow up with Revenue if necessary.
- Develop constructive relationships with key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Manually update in the system or check electronically received info
- Update it and send it to Revenue and Customer
- Action other ad hoc duties as requested
This is not an exhaustive list. During employment with the Company, it may be necessary to expand the duties within the general scope of this position
- A working and up to date knowledge of Customs procedures and practice.
- Knowledge of Import/Export Intrastat Process
- Be able to interrogate various systems in order to summarise and distribute the required information, in the required formats including customs declarations.
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Possess team player qualities and good leadership skills
- Able to plan ahead
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A good attention to detail (Accountancy / auditing fashion).
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access
What You will Have…
- Minimum 6 months previous customs experience essential
- A strong knowledge of UK custom regulations
- Strong I.T. capability and excellent data analysis skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to communicate at all levels and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and decision making through proven track record
- A qualification in Customs Clearance and SADs would be an advantage.
Who You are…
- Results Driven with a collaborative style and positive attitude
- Treats colleagues and customer with respect and is always honest in all interactions
- Demonstrate agility by being flexible and open to change
- Ability to clearly explain work being performed to stakeholders
- Contribute to overall team performance, including support and assistance to other team members
- Focused individual with ability to drive personal, team and business growth and maximise opportunities with customers