Environmental Officer – Monaghan
Monaghan, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be partnering up with our extremely well established client based in North Leinster to assist with their expanding team. We are currently seeking an Environmental Officer to join the company. This is an extremely exciting role for the right candidate that is ready to take the next step and grow their career
Duties of the role:
- Review and update all Environmental Documentation.
- Register of Environmental Aspects.
- Environmental Plan Incorporating Policy, Framework & Implementation. Set environmental goals in line with ISO14001 for continuous improvement: Energy usage in office – year on year decrease.
- Waste Management from Office and Warehouse – reduction of waste production and increase in reuse, segregation and recycling. Diversion of all waste from landfill.
- Waste Management Compliance – ensure cradle to grave traceability.
- Fleet Management – document fleet upgrade and investigate potential of electric or hybrid vehicles in the future.
- Conduct a waste and energy audit on both the office and the warehouse.
- Environmental audit of the installers – housekeeping and waste management – materials etc.
- Attend Annual Review
- Advising employers about matters of environmental health.
- Implementing environmental policies and practices.
- Keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislations and initiatives.
- Devising strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislations.
- Assessing, analysing and collating environmental performance date and reporting information to senior management, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Acting as a champion for environmental issues
- Compiling reports and plans.
- Providing environmental training to staff at all levels.
- A genuine interest in and the understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation, and renewable energy sources.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead on projects.
- Interpersonal skills to explain legislation and procedures to employees.
- Attention to details and a methodical approach to work.
- Good organisation and time management.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Commercial Awareness: the ability to work within commercial constraints.
- Demonstrated competence in environmental regulations.
- Familiarity with ISO accreditations would be advantageous.