Experienced Freight Operators Required
Dublin 9, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently Recruiting for a number of Freight Operator Roles in the Dublin area. Our Clients are extremely well known in the industry for their progressiveness and being leaders within the market. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to bring their knowledge and be open to growing their skills and expanding their career.
- Experience in global freight across all modes of transport, road, Air and Sea.
- Support mergers of new business via SOPs, Contracts, KPIs and Scorecards
- Engage in annual Request for Proposal (RFP) freight biding processes for the growing number of businesses into the US, Canada and Europe, including pharma and temp control products.
- Experience in production planning volumes to meet forecast via CMO
- Support negotiating of freight rates effective for a 12 month.
- Prepare monthly dashboard freight figures.
- Support to build service level agreements and contracts with global carriers, PO management agents and Non-Vessel Owners (NVO’s)/Freight Forwarders.
- Seek business improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Engage in change management projects.
- Familiar with Electronic Document Interface (EDI), cloud based bidding tools and other automated systems to streamline business processes.
- Assist with statistics monthly for International Freight Reports to senior Management and business stake holders internally.
- Maintain excellent day to day relationships and communications with the all key stakeholders in the supply chain – manufacturers, freight forwarders / carriers, various business unit’s personnel
- Support Depts. in resolving freight invoicing or freight partner issues
- 5 years’ experience in International Freight Forwarding, Planning, Logistics and/or distribution with global experience across all modes of transport for standard, pharma and temp controlled goods. Good knowledge of Inco payment and delivery terms.
- Have experience and understanding of issues and working practices in the Asia, US, Canadian and European logistic markets, business mergers and have established networks in the industry.
- Direct experience working with government bodies based in Europe and USA on standards required to import goods such as Customs, C-TPAT, Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) EU Revenue, CBP and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on judgement and integrity
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish goals in a challenging environment
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a changing environment and through transition periods
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates understanding of customer needs / requirements, consistent with organization priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and planning ability
- Understanding of customs and beliefs of other groups or cultures
- Familiar with freight budgets
- Excellent presentation skills