Experienced Warehouse Operative, Dublin
Dublin 17, Full Time
Our client based in Dublin North are currently recruiting to expand their warehouse team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that is approved ISO 9001:2008. The right candidate will have experience in Road, sea and air freight along with food regulations, they will be joining a very well established team so a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. This role will involve some cold room work & correct PPE will be provided.
Role to include but not be limited to:
- Loading and unloading groupage trailers and containers via ground and loading bays, with counter-balance FLT.
- Experience and proven record of hi KPI picks
- Food experience will be an advantage
- Preparing accurate manifest out-turns for operations.
- Loading export groupage trailers and containers according to manifests and in order of delivery.
- Liaising with operations teams (on phone and email) to confirm arrival times of vehicles for loading and unloading.
- Receiving Goods Inwards, including recording shipment weights and dimensions.
- Stock picking and put-away to/from pallet racking locations in the warehouse, with Reach FLT (up to 8 metres high).
- Inputting and processing goods receipt and goods issue on warehouse management system.
- Picking and packing of orders from stock, on a FIFO basis, with a high level of picking accuracy.
- Prepare orders for dispatch, to include building pallets.
- Processing and labelling shipments on parcel courier IT systems and prepare for dispatch.
- Data entry of customer collections on parcel courier IT system.
- Communicating with external customers / suppliers / contractors.
- Liaising with internal departments, including operations, finance and management.
- Stock taking and regular cycle counting.
- Housekeeping and cleaning duties, to ensure a safe and clean environment within the warehouse.
- Valid and in-date Counterbalance and Reach FLT Licences.
- In-date Manual Handling Certificate.
- Minimum of three years’ warehouse experience, specifically of loading and unloading groupage consignments, in a fast-paced environment with reach and Counterbalance forklifts.
- Strong level of computer literacy, with experience of data entry on warehouse management systems.
- Proven track record of accurate stock picking.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with personnel at all levels, within and outside the company.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong Customer Orientation.
- To carry out any other additional duties, that may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience of handling and packing food shipments to HACCP standards
- Experience of using Freight and/or Parcel Courier IT systems.
- Experience of using Microsoft Outlook (email) and Microsoft Excel.
- Aviation Security Training (Module 11)
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Training.