Forklift Driver, Dublin North
Dublin 9, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently recruiting for our client based in Dublin North, the ideal candidate will be required assist in organising the daily warehouse function, including preparing food shipments, as per company and client requirements, while maintaining a high level of customer service, to both internal and external customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing food shipments for export in a cold room environment; approx. 10 hours per week (appropriate PPE will be provided).
- Loading and unloading groupage vehicles via ground and loading bays, with counter-balance FLT.
- Preparing accurate shipment out-turns for operations teams.
- Loading export vehicles according to paperwork and in order of delivery.
- Receiving Goods Inwards, including recording shipment weights and dimensions.
- Stock picking and put-away to/from pallet racking locations in the warehouse, with Reach FLT (up to 8 metres high).
- Inputting and processing goods receipt and goods issue on warehouse management system.
- Picking and packing of orders from stock, on a FIFO basis, with a high level of picking accuracy.
- Communicating with external customers / suppliers / contractors.
- Liaising with internal departments, including operations, finance, and management.
- Stock taking and regular cycle counting.
- Housekeeping and cleaning duties, to ensure a safe and clean environment within the warehouse.
Main Food Handling duties and Responsibilities
- Attention to detail, including check in of product, manufacturer, codes, expiry dates, consignee details etc.
- Communicating with the export team regarding paperwork requirements
- Pallet builds – appropriate to the type of food product, heavy or light
- Receiving food shipments in for ambient, chilled, or frozen storage.
- Prepare pallets for loading, weighing, labelling, shrink wrapping or banding where necessary, making sure goods are secured.
- Loading exports out and passing pallet weights/dims to relevant operator via email
- Cleanliness of all storage areas and recording in warehouse logbook
- Keeping track of packing materials, to ensure supply does not run low, such as pallet
boxes, gel packs.
- Monitoring fridge temperatures in logbook (when in use)
- Valid and in-date Counterbalance and Reach FLT Licences.
- Minimum of three years’ warehouse experience, specifically of loading and
- Strong level of computer literacy, with experience of data entry on warehouse
- Proven track record of accurate stock picking and packing.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with personnel at
all levels, within and outside the company.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong Customer Orientation.
- To carry out any other additional duties, that may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience of handling and packing food shipments to HACCP standards.
- Experience of using Microsoft Outlook (email) and Microsoft Excel.
- Aviation Security Training (Module 11)
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Training.
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30, with flexibility for overtime where required.