Freight Forwarder Pharmaceutical
Naas, Co. Kildare, Full Time
Monday – Friday
Executive talent are delighted to be to be assisting our client who are a Global Provider of Transport and Logistics. this is a fantastic opportunity for candidates interested in a career in the Freight Forwarding industry to gain practical experience and a real insight into fast paced freight forwarding operations. Full on-the-job training will be provided. Candidates will need to have experience with temperature / pharmceutical freight forwarding. EXET22
- Ensure service levels and KPI’s are met and where possible improved on a consistent basis which
- include but not all encompassing;
- Transit Schedules – Departure times and frequency
- Financial deadlines – Invoicing, Self-Billing and Purchase invoices
- File Closing – ensure P&L forecasts are reported in a timely manner
- Cost control – ensure costs are managed and challenged when necessary
- Ensure all key objectives are met
- Bottom line growth by use of market knowledge and focusing on trailer fill and route
- IT tools are embraced and used efficiently
- Prioritise work load to ensure tasks are completed efficiently
- Plan groupage/LTL/FTL trailers each day with a mix of dedicated and non dedicated
- subcontractors ensuring freight forwarding budget is reached
- Complete customs documentation on in-house software system in line with Revenue guidelines and regulations.
- Negotiate with subcontractors and confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure customer needs are met and freight moves through our network in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Be customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Sound administrative skills, with excellent attention to detail & accuracy
- Adaptable and flexible