Freight Forwarding Operations Supervisor
North Dublin, Full Time
Our client based in North Dublin is recruiting for the position of Operations Supervisor delivering specialty logistics solutions to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry. The role of Operations Supervisor is to ensure the overall smooth running of the operations daily.
- Responsibility for the daily running of the operation To ensure that customers are receiving the highest level of customer service
- Observe and evaluate co-worker’s performance and to offer assistance where required
- Keep staff regularly informed of any new operational issues which may impact on the operation of the office i.e. Internal Guidelines & System Changes etc.
- Plan, prepare and devise shift schedules & ensure the office is adequately manned at all times.
- Have regular contact with Management to discuss customer complaints and any issues. Suggest change where necessary.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements (including but not limited to IATA DG, ADR, Air Cargo Security, GDP, AEO) are strictly adhered to throughout the Operation
- Ensure that the Company receives the best value for all services procured, negotiating costs down where possible, and ensuring that all invoices are verified for accuracy
- KPI – Ensure KPI targets are met – Check systems regularly to make sure drivers are assigned correctly. Pickup & delivery due times are updated, POD entered on time, Improve KPI’s.
- Operations & Customer service support – To support the CS and Ops team when required. To ensure that systems are up to date and work is delegated equally. To update the OPS/CS manager on any staff or work performance issues.
- HR Requirements – Recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, grievances and Training.
- Reporting – KPI reporting, Deviation portal reporting, CAPA reporting, Quality management reporting, Preparing budgets, financial reporting and HR reporting.
- Identifying, Sourcing and Onboarding of new sub-contractors
- Assessment of current vendors and sub-contractors, reviewing performance levels, new lane assessment and negotiating costs down where possible
- Prepare reports as requested by Operations Manager
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience managing a team of freight forwarding and/or logistics operations staff
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within freight forwarding or international logistics
- Air Freight operations experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with pharmaceutical or other urgent and temperature controlled shipments required
- Proven Communication Skills along with a track record of influencing others to deliver business objectives
- Experience in hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, managing a team, people management, interviewing, grievances, HR.
- Managing relationships with key vendors.
- Must be available to provide an on-call service out of hours in case of emergencies.
- Must be flexible with working hours, shift rotation is a requirement.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – North Dublin
Salary €50k + package
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent