Health and Safety Manager – Ireland
North Dublin, Full Time
Our client, a leading Warehouse & Distribution Group are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years operational health and safety management experience. Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of the Health and Safety Policy across all sites in Ireland – North Leinster and NI.
- Ensure site specific Health and Safety Policies are in place, communicated and updated, in line with the Group Health and Safety Policy
- Promote a culture of safety through actions, communications and Behavioural-Based Safety training
- Establish, co-ordinate and chair Health and Safety Committees on each site
- Conduct site safety tours and regular audits on each site to ensure ongoing compliance
- Manage and update Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage and review site systems e.g. Traffic Management Systems, Fire Safety Audits etc
- Ensure Fire and Ammonia Evacuation Procedures are in place and drills take place on each site at the required frequency and are documented
- Monitor, co-ordinate and arrange specific training e.g. Induction, FLT, First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Warden etc according to the needs of each site
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate Health and Safety training at annual intervals
- Co-ordinate and audit equipment checks e.g. daily start up checks for FLTs,
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations e.g. PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, DSE etc
- Manage the policy, purchase and provision of appropriate PPE to employees as required
- Ensure all accidents are thoroughly investigated, reported (internally and externally), and that corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Be the Company liaison with relevant statutory bodies in UK and ROI
- Qualification in Health & Safety ( NEBOSH Diploma, Health and Safety Degree or Similar
- Min 8 years operational Health and Safety experience at least 5 of which must be at a management level.
- Must be fully compliant with all legal requirements UK and ROI.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive relationship with business stakeholders
- A proven record of improving and changing safety behaviours on site.
- Ability to coach and mentor
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – North Dublin – Travel will be required as role oversees the operation for the Island of Ireland (North Leinster and NI)
Salary €60k – €65k plus package
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent