Dublin 9, Full Time
Executive talent are delighted to be assisting our client and welcome a new Housekeeping manager to their very well established team. Candidates will be expected to provide and maintain a high standard of cleaning and housekeeping services, working within the cost limits and resources agreed. The housekeeping manager will manage all aspects of the upkeep of the site as directed by the Business Unit Manager.
- To be responsible for all day to day aspects relating to the management and maintenance of the housekeeping service within the contract specification to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- To provide housekeeping services to the agreed standards in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
- To actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site H&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- To be responsible for scheduling of work within the specified details of the contract
- Document completion of duties by completing forms, reports, logs, and electronic records.
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to Safe Systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire etc. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services on site.
- Responsible for work allocation to the housekeeping team, keeping within the specified detail of the contract, the financial budget and working principles. Plan staff rota’s and manage staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave to ensure staff are paid correctly. Report data to line manager on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are laid down, trained to staff, logged on training record cards and maintained
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
- Control cleaning material stores to an acceptable level, ensuring rotation and safety in storage.
- Carry out regular control checks to monitor team members performance and adherence to standards.
- Ensure strict supervision of all assets used in conjunction with the cleaning contract
- Liaise with the housekeeping team to identify training required to implement the standards to facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
- Ensure that all equipment is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Comply with all Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Cascade the information from any site/management meetings back to the housekeeping team
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and client standards.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness when requested by the Business Unit Manager/Line Manager
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- 2 years’ experience in managerial / head of housekeeping or managing a cleaning contract
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning & housekeeping services
- Good understanding of budget restrictions
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Shift work will be required
Other features of the job
- It may be necessary to work alternative hours, shift patterns or unsociable hours, including weekends and sometimes more than contracted hours. As part of your job, you will be expected to attend training events and/or meetings and travel to other locations may be required