IT Training Manager
Monaghan, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be partnering up with our well established client based in North Leinster to assist with their expanding team. We are currently seeking an experienced IT training manager to join the company. This is an extremely exciting role for the right candidate that is ready to take the next step and grow their career.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and technically qualified IT professional to develop their career. You will have solid experience in IT Infrastructure, SAP, Citrix, Telecoms and an extensive understanding of CRM.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team across all functions whilst providing commercially focused IT and commercial solutions.
- Train engineers in job management handheld technology.
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related training matters including systems integration, data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software.
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems related to hardware, software, and networks.
- Research and recommend acquisition of network hardware and software.
- Monitor network utilisation and performance. Implement procedures for training optimisation, reliability and availability.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Educated up to Degree level and possess other Professional Qualifications e.g. MCSE.
- 5 years’ experience in a lead role; Managing IT Training, Infrastructure, Telecoms, SAP & Citrix.
- An understanding of Job Management & CRM. Implementing & maintaining Job Management and CRM systems.
- Knowledge of operating cloud-based technologies.
- Telecoms & VOIP experience, perhaps gained in a Contact Centre environment (Desirable)
- SAP Integration.
- Mobile / handheld device integration with CRM and other platforms / systems.
- Competitive Salary
- All Equipment provided.
- Bespoke Job Management System and opportunity to work with the latest handheld innovation.
- Centre of Excellence Training Program
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels and have the confidence to challenge when required.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Project and time management skills.
- Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holder to meet work deadlines.