Dublin 15, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently recruiting for and experienced Logistics Operations Coordinator. This will be a full time role with excellent opportunities to grow within a fantastic organisation that are renowned throughout the industry and can offer the best training and progression.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the daily running of the operation i.e. to ensure that personnel are working to their full potential, that work is evenly distributed among staff, to ensure the system is being utilized correctly and to its maximum, to ensure that calls and customers are being dealt with appropriately.
- To ensure that customers are receiving the highest level of customer service
- Observe and evaluate co-worker’s performance and to offer assistance where required
- Ensure staff are up to date on all areas of operations and are fully trained in their disciplines.
- All new guidelines and technologies are to be immediately implemented
- Execution of customers daily movement requirements
- Communicating and organising subcontractors to ensure service levels achieved
- Input and updating of files on computer system to allow for full information visibility
- Issuing and distribution of relevant shipping documents
- Timely invoicing to customer
- Recording of supplier costs and timely passing of supplier invoices
- Preparation of ad hoc reports
- Booking shipping requirements
- Booking haulage requirements
- Proficient in Customs Clearance
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience managing a team of freight forwarding and/or logistics operations staff
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within freight forwarding or international logistics
- Previous experience working with urgent and temperature controlled shipments required
- Proven Communication Skills along with a track record of influencing others to deliver business objectives
- Experience in hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and managing a team, people management, interviewing, grievances, HR.
- KPI reporting, Deviation portal reporting, CAPA reporting, Quality management reporting, Preparing budgets, financial reporting and HR reporting.
- Managing relationships with key vendors.
- Establishing and enforcing health and safety standards.
- Must be available to provide an on-call service out of hours in case of emergencies.
- Must be flexible with working hours, shift rotation is a requirement.