Logistics Operations Support Manager
North Dublin, Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Logistics professional to join our client in North Dublin to assist the Logistics Manager in the control of operational departments including Logistics, Transport, Cross Dock, Warehouse, Road Freight and Customer Services as well as offsite storage facilities.
Location: North Dublin
Role: Logistics Operations Support Manager
Salary: €60k – €70k
- Ownership of a large P&L and successfully managing budgets
- Managing all operational aspects of the business on site in Dublin
- Control of operational departments including Logistics, Transport, Cross Dock Warehouse, Road Freight and Customer Services as well as offsite storage facilities
- Identify and implement new process flows and controls to manage key accounts
- Assess the operation with a view to implement process changes to drive efficiency
- Assist the Business Development team in identifying opportunities and solutions for potential new customers or flows
- Source, negotiate and monitor 3rd party service providers to support the business requirements.
- Strong vendor relationship management providing national and international distribution and supply chain connectivity
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to in relation to health and safety, performance, industry compliance and Customer SLA’s.
- Perform to weekly/monthly KPI measured internal and external business demands.
- Manage AEO site process requirements
- Manage HPRA / GDP site process requirements
- Support and work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure the site is maintained
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in similar role is required.
- Strong multi modal operational background especially in Transport, Road Freight and logistics
- Candidates should have a track record of successfully managing a large and diverse team in a fast paced and challenging industry.
- Financial and administrative skills including building and successfully managing budgets and running a large P&L.
- Excellent commercial acumen encompassing customer relationship management, business meetings and presentation skills
- Experience of managing a large vendor base
- Strong problem-solving skills with a good working knowledge of compliance and HR
- Flexible approach to working hours.