Leinster, Full Time
Our client are seeking an experienced Operations Director to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and drive the strategy and vision. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the Electrical Industry / Utilities Sector.
The Operations Director’s role includes strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. The candidate will act as the point of contact for the Client. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams. In addition to this, to act as the Head of Delivery as and when required, including representation at both internal and external meetings and management of the design and delivery service.
- Lead and manage the entire Project Team, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
- Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
- Assign KPI’s to each position. Conduct staff appraisals monitor and review performance. Oversee and manage all HR issues and recruitment process.
- Develop robust commercial strategies and implement were necessary.
- Report weekly to Managing Director on progress and provide a description on why KPI’s have/have not been achieved. Design an action list going forward.
- Deliver work outputs to meet the project requirements and to the satisfaction of the Client / Senior Management Team.
- Complete resource planning for the project, recognising when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g. project on boarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- Lead Client interaction/calls/presentations.
- Continuous risk identification, risk evaluation, risk mitigation and contingency measure definition.
- Fully qualified electrician with a minimum of 8 years + experience.
- Full 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Other electrical qualifications at JIB Standard or their equivalents.
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
- A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence.
- Significant experience in the Electrical industry / Utilities Sector, particularly infrastructure upgrades on domestic installations.
- Exemplary attitude to health, safety and wellbeing.
- Ensures deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales to both the Client and business.
- Experience in producing RAMS & Tool Box talks.
- Good IT background with experience in cloud systems.
- Excellent attention to detail & strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location: North Leinster
Salary: Excellent package available to the right candidate
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent