Kildare, Full Time
Executive talent are currently working with our client based in Kildare to recruit a Production Manager who directs and manages all production operations having responsibility and accountability for production, maintenance, health and safety, environment, quality, and other production related activities. The role ensures compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. This is a hands-on role, responsible for implementing efficiencies to ensure daily production is maximised to ensure approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. This position plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects, has responsibility for developing and maintaining a motivated staff and for achieving budgetary and production targets.
- Day to day running of the plant to high operating, safety and housekeeping standards
- Production planning, ensuring the paint is manufactured and shipped on a timely basis
- Working with Head of Continuous Improvement & Operations to embrace and bed in Lean initiatives, to create a culture of consistent production, continuous improvement and improved performance.
- Reviewing and enhancing the existing KPI’s to ensure a culture of consistent production, continuous improvement and improved performance
- Warehousing and maintenance of efficient level of stock on site
- People management, mentoring, development, consistent with company culture and liaising with Group HR
- Identifying and delivering costs savings and efficiencies
- Operational Health and Safety, Quality and Compliance
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy, addressing any safety concerns as they arise.
- Assists in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Works towards the achievement of Project Transform goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of manufacturing plans and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Effectively manage labor requirements/ manpower planning, production planning, stock management, instrument calibration, plant modifications and develop innovative systems and processes utilising all available technology.
- Works with Head of Continuous Improvement & Operations in the formulation of manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organisation in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Ensures that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Directs and monitors Production team to accomplish the manufacturing plan goals, consistent with established manufacturing and health and safety procedures.
- Ensure that the key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles in the business, that the roles are clearly defined and understood, and all personnel are motivated and developed to achieve the business’s objectives. The manager will have responsibility for developing a clear performance objective for each employee
- Liaises with and acts as liaison with Heads of Departments and departments.
- Recruits, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Consults with Human Resources Director in the management and development of people.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities when necessary. Schedule maintenance, upkeep and security of production equipment.
- Works with Head of Continuous Improvement & Operations in identifying, recommending and implementing changes to improve productivity. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Material Resource Planning in conjunction with Head of Continuous Improvement & Operations, with a focus on raw material usage and minimum/ maximum stock levels.
- Train all staff in use of ERP functions and monitor usage.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Inputs into and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Behaviours & Skills Required
- Engineering degree or equivalent with at least 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean manufacturing environment experience desirable
- Lean manufacturing qualification
- Excellent people management, coaching & development skills
- Proven ability and agility to embrace new systems, processes, technology and ideas
- Organisational skills
- Ability to analyse and report on information
- IT skills are required, along with the ability to learn new systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required