Kildare, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently beginning the process of finding an experience production supervisor to join our well known Irish client based in Kildare. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation, supervision and control of the activities their team engage in during the production shift in order to ensure the production schedule is achieved and the quality of the product produced is to the required standard.
- Supervision and control of production processes in order to comply with the required quality and quantity standards in accordance with approved plans.
- Optimisation of machinery including start and set up time. Continuous focus on cost reduction.
- Ensure production process continuity by advising the maintenance department on the technical condition of machines and devices as well as any breakdowns.
- Quantitative control of raw materials and semi-finished products released to the production process as per the specified procedure.
- Conformity acceptance of raw materials and semi-finished products according to material specification in order to meet required production quality standards.
- Quantitative control of used raw materials, materials and semi-finished products in the production process in order to optimize their usage.
Product Quality and Health & Safety:
- Control the operation to meet health & safety practices in process planning.
- Quality inspection of produced goods and semi-finished products in compliance with standard procedures and ordering quality inspection to appropriate services.
- Supervision of applicable procedures and ISO Quality Assurance System, HACCP, Best Production and Hygienic Practice and IFS and BRC standards.
- Organisation of work, monitoring and motivating your team.
- Ensure on-site training and on the job training is scheduled in order to ensure an adequate level of employee qualifications and skills.
- Develop a team of highly motivated employees with positive attitudes which creates a good atmosphere in the workplace.
- Complete annual employee performance appraisals (competences, skills, quality of work, engagement)
- Organization of work, delegation of tasks, control of work and performance assessment.
- Ensure adequate cover of all key areas to minimise disruption during absence, annual leave etc.
- Ensure equal spread of tasks, hours and overtime among reporting staff.
- Resolve any informal disputes among staff.
- Manage your requirement for agency staff to ensure the smooth operation of the production department.
Occupational Health and Safety and Fire Protection:
- Supervising compliance with applicable Occupational Health and Safety, Fire and Environment Protection regulations.
- Supervising compliance with employment law and health & safety legislation.
- Supervising proper organisation of work stands.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory position in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Power Point)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, organise and manage a team
- Strong experience managing a team of General Operatives
- Mechanically minded
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Experience working in a lean environment