Dublin 8, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently beginning interviews for our very busy client based in Dublin City Centre. This role will be for an experienced team leader or candidates that are hoping to move up to supervisory level. This is an extremely busy retail property with is delighted to be expanding their team. The Retail Supervisor will work closely with customers, the team, Head Office, and the Head of Retail to develop and lead a team to provide an excellent customer experience
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Store Manager in training and developing a store team to drive the delivery of retail objectives.
- Assisting to deliver store sales.
- Assisting retail strategy developments are implemented in the store, communicated to the team and that all individuals understand the impact this has on the store.
- Developing and monitoring the team to deliver a standard of customer service that exceeds the consumer expectation.
- In the Store/ Assistant Managers absence take accountability for short term delivery of Store Objectives.
- Delivering a high standard of merchandising across all areas of the Retail Showroom.
- Work with the Store Manager to develop the team through proactive personal development plans (PDPs) which are formally reviewed annually and informally on an ongoing basis as and when required.
- Through supervision and leadership assist Store Manager to ensure that the mission statement business objectives and retail objectives are alive, understood and fulfilled in the store.
- Work to identify and manage poor performers as appropriate.
- Through Standard Operating procedures manage the store inventory through cycle counts, stocktaking, spot checks.
- Assist to drive Training and Development for the Store Team.
- Outperform sales budgets through analysing relevant reports and coaching the store team.
- Utilise space management through effective seasonal moves etc.
- Develop and maintain strong awareness of the local market and make proposals to exploit opportunities as appropriate to the Store Manager.
Communication / Relationships:
- Adopt an inspirational style which both encourages a high level of moral within the store team and drive a positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Positively influence the store team and demonstrates credibility in the Supervisor role.
- In the absence of the Store Manager take ownership and drive effective communication in your store and to Head Office always leading by example and ensure communication is timely and consistent.
- Strive to develop through personal innovation and leadership skills a team that will rise to the challenge of delivering against the vision and objectives.
- Work closely with the wider teams to ensure all practices and procedures are implement and all relevant information is communicated to the team
- Provide cover as requested
- Undertake other duties in response to business needs.
Skills / Experience Required
- Strong retail experience with excellent product knowledge across all ranges
- Previous supervisor experience desirable.
- Strong technical ability, experience working with on-line sales, online meetings and CRM systems would be desirable
- Basic IT knowledge is essential
- Excellent communication skills; is friendly, approachable, and professional when dealing with customer and the team, in person over the phone and or by email
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and deal with queries and complaints in a constructive and prompt manner
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Good interpersonal skills / the ability to build strong relationships
- Have the ability to implement existing procedures in a positive manner
- Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks recurrently