Road Freight Operator
Dublin 9, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be moving forward with our well established client based in Dublin 9 to help expand their Road freight imports team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a forward thinking company and excel their career and knowledge.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and arranging multiple daily import groupage and full load shipments ex
Europe and/or Great Britain to Ireland.
- Arranging multiple shipments with overseas agents.
- Scheduling collections and deliveries with international hauliers, ensuring best possible rates and service levels.
- Timely advice of shipping and arrival details to Customs clearance team (where required), to ensure shipments are cleared in a timely manner.
- Inputting shipment bookings for both groupage and full load operations on Freight
Management System (Cargowise), including processing EDI’s.
- Arranging Irish collections and deliveries with relevant domestic hauliers in a timely manner, via email and EDI.
- Work closely with warehouse personnel to process road freight shipments efficiently.
- Updating customers and agents on service and delivery metrics, on a per shipment basis, as required.
- Respond to all queries in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Inputting shipment cost and sell pricing on the freight system.
- Issuing sales invoices to customers.
- Processing supplier invoices on receipt.
- Updating KPI’s as required on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with holiday cover within the operations office.
- Additional operational duties, which may be assigned by the Road Freight Manager.
- Recent experience in road freight operations, handling European and GB groupage and full load import shipments.
- Must have excellent oral and written English.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, with the ability to recognise and prioritise key tasks as they arise.
- Focus on quality and excellent customer service.
- Strong level of IT literacy in MS Outlook and Excel.
- Clear communication skills, for interaction with Customers, Colleagues and
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Strong experience in handling groupage and full load shipments ex GB to IE is an advantage.
- Freight forwarding industry certification, preferably with excellent understanding of multi modal freight and logistics.
- Some knowledge of customs requirements is preferable, to ensure correct communication with the Customs team.
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Training.