Road Freight Sales Rep
Naas, Co. Kildare, Full Time
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovation, and value-added logistics services. The successful candidate will be heading up Network Sales, predominantly focusing on international Groupage sales for the Road Division. This role will involve working closely with the operational departments to ensure sustainable growth by always delivering high service and quality. Reporting to the Sales Director, the ideal candidate will also be required to work closely with the rest of the Senior Management team and be familiar with creating and executing a sales strategy. This role will ideally suit someone with both an operational and sales background interested in building a new product from the ground up. There will be a high level of ownership and responsibility in this role, but also a chance to lead the development of a new service. EXET22
Main Purpose of Job:
- To win new business and work to agreed budget targets.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and
securing new business opportunities by closing the sale.
- Head the development of Network services, working closely with operations and overseas partners to create a market leading groupage setup.
- Actively promote and develop Road services.
- Lead the development of Network sales and operations.
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Liaise closely with Market Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Provide statistics / analysis as defined / required
- Building relationships with key decision makers.
- A result orientated, hardworking, self-starter who has a good understanding of the
Logistics industry with strong closing skills.
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of a European Network operations an advantage.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
- Possess a full driving license.