Senior Freight Forwarder
Dublin 1, Full Time
Our client based in Dublin 1 are seeking an experienced Senior Freight Forwarder to join their team. The successful candidate will be based in the Dublin HQ and will report directly to the Operations Director. You will handle some key accounts, maintaining and building customer relationships, as well as being instrumental in bedding in new products and services. As a senior member of the team, you must be able to work on your own initiative and guide and assist junior staff members in their development.
• An ability to demonstrate substantial proven experience in a similar role.
• Short sea experience is a must including full loads and LCL, Import and Export.
• Customs experience a distinct advantage.
• Customer service focused with excellent communication skills; this role involves the maintenance of close relationships with customers and sub-contractors.
• Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to react to problems in a time efficient manner.
• The ability to recognise cost saving alternatives and add value to the role.
• Preparation of necessary paperwork and invoicing within time requirements.
• The candidate must have the ambition to progress in the role and mentor and manage junior staff
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – Dublin 1
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent