Dublin 18, Full Time
Executive talent are currently beginning the recruitment process to find a retail Supervisor to join our well know client based in Dublin 18. This will be a permanent full time role for the right candidate. Candidates will be responsible for growing a well-established team to assist with company growth.
- To assist the Store Manager to deliver store sales and cost targets
- Ensure that the retail strategy developments are implemented in the store, communicated to the team and understood by all individuals
- In the Store Managers absence take accountability for short term delivery of Store Objectives.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy, addressing any safety concerns as they arise.
- Work with the Store Manager to develop the team through proactive personal training and development plans
- Through coaching and leadership ensure that the mission statement, values, business objectives and retail objectives are understood and fulfilled in the Store
- Identify and manage poor performance as appropriate
- Utilise wider resources e.g. Human Resources, Head of Sales, Marketing team
- Drive training and development for store members and overall team.
- General housekeeping to include cleaning and the upkeep and filling of the shelves on the showroom floor, on a daily basis.
- Talk to customers directly to gain an understanding of their experience, product requests, technical and colour requirements etc
- Monitor and drive the delivery of Customer experience in store always leading by example
- Manage and reduce risk in store Commerciality
- Work with the Store Manager to utilise space management through effective seasonal, product moves etc.
- Develop and maintain strong awareness of the local market and make proposal to exploit opportunities as appropriate to the Store Manager. Managing Profit & Costs
- Drive for sustained improvements on reducing poor performing products
- Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock are strictly adhered to at all times. Communication
- Adopt an inspirational leadership style which both encourages a high level of morale within the store and drive a positive “Can Do” attitude
- Positively influence the Store team
- In the absence of the Manager, take ownership and drive effective communication in the store, always leading by example and ensure communication is timely and consistent
- Ability to create and develop through personal innovation and leadership skills a team that will rise to the challenge of delivering against the vision, values and objectives
The role is such that the list above is not exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on business needs
- Skills / Experience Required
- Excellent people management
- Organisational skills
- Safety management
- Manging processes
- Inventory control
- Reporting skills
- Ability to analyse information
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- IT skills are required, along with the ability to learn new systems
- Have the ability to implement existing procedures in a positive manner
- Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility