Kildare, Full Time
Monday to Friday
Salary Guideline: €65,000
Executive Talent are delighted to be working alongside our high profile client to secure their new Technical manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Food Safety (including HACCP), Quality and Legal compliance for all products produced. HACCP Team Leader with overall responsibility for Product Safety, Quality & Legality. Ensure the Quality Management Systems are maintained and that BRC accreditation is upheld. Keep the business appraised of all relevant developments in areas of legislation and regulation. Ensure on pack information meets with relevant legislative requirements in country of sale. EXET22
Management of a team of people whose roles include Quality Assurance and Technical.
- Develop and manage the quality management systems, analytical processes and the internal audit programme efficiently and cost effectively.
- HACCP & TACCP Team Leader – Develop the HACCP & TACCP plans and update annually to reflect changes and amendments to products and processes.
- Lead the Risk Assessment of all raw materials, packaging and processes with regard to food safety.
- Ensure root cause analysis is carried out and remedial actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Manage the site technical budget including laboratory sampling and garment cleaning to deliver an appropriate and effective programme.
- Management of a team of Technical and Quality Staff and coordinating their roles with regard to continuous improvement, training and the needs of the business
- Overseeing person assigned to customer specifications with regard to new and existing products.
- Lead point of contact for all HSE inspections, BRC annual audits and various customer audits.
- Responsible for UTZ, Fairtrade and RSPO Compliance and audit with all applicable requirements.
- Manage the complaints programme, through the identification of critical areas for improvement and complaints analysis.
- Attend meetings and address any issues relating to quality and working with Operations and Technical to identify solutions.
- Coordinate export certificates for sampling to the public laboratory and issuing by the local HSE authority.
- Lead Auditor which includes auditing of main suppliers’ sites throughout Europe and formulation of supplier approval reports.
- Manage the non-conformance monitoring system which records non-compliance of raw materials, packaging and finished goods.
- Approval of new artwork and customer specifications. This requires an in-depth knowledge of food legislation throughout Europe, North America, Australia, Asia and South America.
- Manage the Origin Green Sustainability Plan and submission of the annual Origin Green Plan and target update.
- Attend and input to cross functional operations, sales, marketing and capex meetings.
- Present at the start of all new product runs – this involves tweaking of processes and recipes which needs to be fed back to finance for re-costing.
- Issue new products for shelf life analysis, microbial analysis and chemical analysis.
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Min 2 -3 years’ experience as a Technical Manager or similar role in FMCG
- In-depth knowledge of food legislation throughout Europe, North America, Australia, Asia and South America
- Experience managing a team of Technical and Quality staff
- Experience maintaining quality management systems
- Experience coordinating HSE inspections, BRC annual audits and Customer audits
- Experience preparing quality metrics and presenting the numbers to corporate
- Experience conducting internal audits
- Excellent computer and Excel skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative