Technical Manager – €70k
Meath / North Dublin, Full Time
Technical Manager – Meat Processing
Location – Meath / North Dublin
Salary – €60k – €70k
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Manager for the Meath / North Dublin area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the Food Safety & Quality Management System is fully implemented. The candidate will also promote innovation, work closely with other members of the senior management team to continue the development of the company and encourage the control of costs.
- To meet and set quality standards and ensure they are adhered to. To ensure that all product is of the highest quality.
- To ensure that the plant is maintained at the highest level of hygiene required.
- To liaise with new and existing suppliers to ensure that they meet the desired requirements.
- To provide technical support to the sales team and to liaise with customer Q.C. departments and oversee the handling of customer complaints.
- To maintain the HACCP system and accreditations.
- To assist the production manager on issues relating to safety, plant layout, working methods
- To become the lead process expert and drive process
- Coach & nurture talent within the technical team
- Act as the primary Technical contact for the site.
- Ensure compliance with DAFM, BRC, MPQAS and Customer Requirements.
- Continually review existing Food Safety and Quality Management Systems in line with legislative & customer requirements.
- Keep up to date with food legislation and emerging food safety risks
- Manage certification and customer audits, completing corrective action reports to agreed timelines
- Food Science qualification, preferably a Food Science degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in food safety / quality
- Good communication skills, ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Strong organisational skills giving attention to detail
- Must be computer literate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role as well as at least 3 years management experience.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager.