Transport Administrator with customs Clearance
North Dublin, Full Time
We currently have a very exciting role for a candidate that is hoping to move their career to the next level and join a very well established team. Our client is a very well know company that are looking for the right candidate to come and grow within the role and company. Candidates must come from a transport / logistics background and have experience with customs clearance.
Day to day tasks:
- Answering emails
- Answering the phone and directing calls.
- Data entry; entering jobs into in-house system
- Filing / general office duty
- Speaking to customers
- Using google maps to check possible trailer routes
- Checking tracking systems for current locations of trucks and updating customers
- Handling and prioritising the day to day clearance work
- Being the backup contact for clients
- Completing the day to day customs clearance work
- Completing/amending freight bookings as required
- Completing amendments and correspondence to customs
Duties including but not restricted to:
- Responsible for ensuring that goods are imported and exported in strict compliance with new Brexit rules around customers and tariffs.
- Implement close controls around customs clearance procedures to ensure timely clearances at ports/land borders
- Liaise with the supply chain teams on the timely receipt of goods
- Liaise with Clearing Customs Agents
- Maintain a detailed log of all shipments and costings
- Responsibility for import/export documentation and contractual clauses.
- Keep track of invoices and ensure timely settlement
- Keep abreast of all legislative changes in shipping controls and liaise closely with central services on management of tariffs and duties
The ideal candidate
- A logistics specialist with focused, end-to-end customs experience.
- In-depth knowledge of shipping/freight forwarding industry
- 3+ years’ experience working with cross-border logistics subject to customs controls
- Can demonstrate a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- Organised, reliable, high attention to detail with strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Full knowledge of customs procedures and principles.
- Experience with customs documentation and systems.
- Good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
- Driven and deadline focused.
- Attention to detail
- Be able to be part of a team