South Dublin, Full Time
Our client based in Dublin south which are a large Freight company requires Logistics coordinator /Transport Clerk for a busy customer facing department. This is an excellent opportunity to excel your career to the next level with a company that thrives on growth and expansion. You will have responsibility for customer service, administration and phone duties in a very busy office environment. Must have experience in the freight industry. An excellent telephone manner and administration skills essential. Must be available to work flexible hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer liaison will be a daily part of the role therefore the ideal candidate is required to communicate appropriately with clients.
- Managing bookings on a daily basis ensuring agreed timescales are met. Arranging collections and deliveries and booking in jobs
- Communicating with new and existing clients
- Taking bookings from clients, liaising with hauliers in planning and costing of jobs
- To track and control shipments keeping the client well informed throughout.
- Ensuring that Proof of Deliveries / Collections are sufficiently completed
- Invoicing and costing operational files using appropriate in-house systems
- Ensure all goods moving are customs cleared in a timely fashion. Customs clearance will be both to/ from Great Britain and other third countries
- Co-ordinate with trailer planning colleagues to confirm which consignments are in order to ship and to optimise how loading should take place
- Creating and discharging T1 Documents
- Must have experience in the freight industry
- Excellent telephone manner is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to multi task.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Team player with a Positive attitude.
- Experience on all customs-related matters
- Positive and proactive participation and active collaboration with colleagues, partners and customers.
- experience with Customs agency/brokerage services are desirable
- Excellent understanding of supply chains and of the freight forwarding arena