Celbridge, Full Time
The Warehouse & Logistics Manager is responsible for setting all standards, processes, and controls for all operational functions within the warehouse and logistics operations. These will meet current and future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency and quality of service in line with company goals. The role ensures compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies, and regulations.
- Control of fixed assets and MHE overseeing and maintaining all equipment procedures and systems within the department.
- Always maintain a clean and safe working environment within the warehouse.
- Ensuring labour is proactively managed to ensure capacity is available to meet customer needs.
- Recommend and implement optimal design of warehouse to maximise efficiency and flow of materials.
- Ensure all inventories, orders and stock management processes are completed to a high standard.
- Weekly reporting of key KPIs – OTIF and pick accuracy.
- Analysis of sales data to determine min-max stock levels and management of slow-moving/redundant materials.
- Oversee the use of the WMS to maintain full traceability and accountability of materials, including investigating any variances arising from these.
- Manage the cycle count and full stock take programme.
- Planning and logistics management of own fleet and courier.
- Analysis of Cost-to-serve to create improvements in service levels and cost efficiencies.
- Completing; issuing and recording shipping documentation; ensuring HS codes are accurate to ensure International Trade compliance.
- Management of Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers to maximise service levels and minimize costs.
- Analyze KPI’s, metrics and data to identify trends and maximise efficiencies
- Development of relevant KPI’s
- Measure and report on the performance of department against agreed criteria
- Lead out and deliver on key projects including:
- Manage the implementation of WMS improvements to use the ERP system to maximise efficiency.
- Integration of new pick and pack using scanners into warehouse operations.
- Management of warehouse team and drivers.
- Set clear performance targets and standards for self, team and individuals, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to achieve results.
- Completes Warehouse and Logistics department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on targets and KPI’s
- Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
- Lead by example, providing a role model for people working with them.
- Develops Warehouse and Logistics team by providing information, educational and development opportunities and growth opportunities.
Skills / Experience Required
- Qualifications in Supply Chain, Logistics or similar with ability to demonstrate skill in these areas
- IT skills, along with the ability to learn new systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Inventory control
- Ability to analyse information
- Organisational skills
- Safety management
- Managing processes
- Ability to pick, wrap and ship finished product
- Process ordering form
- Product knowledge
- Forklift driver
- Reporting skills
- Turnaround time for order processing
- Maintaining a minimum level of credit notes
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Good interpersonal skills / the ability to build strong relationships
- Have the ability to implement existing procedures in a positive manner
- Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong influencing skills
- Team worker
- People Management
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Customer focussed providing excellent customer service to all customers