European Transport Planner
Co. Carlow, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be partnering up with a very well-known Freight Forwarder located in Leinster and begin recruiting for a European Transport Planner to join their team. The right candidate will have a vast amount of experience in this role with a proven track record in FMCG and temperature controlled environments. They will manage the current team and help it grow & develop.
The role advertised is a Monday to Friday position with one late shift per week. The Candidate will be on call one weekend of every month.
Candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- CRM management and timely response and close out of quality complaints.
- Knowledge of FMCG and temperature control vehicles
- Manage bookings for ferries and hauliers
- Manage and ensure hygiene of the fleet through audits and feedback.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all KPI’s.
- Orchestrating the collection and sorting of goods on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with the loading and packing.
- Managing cold store and Organisation of FMCG
- Monitor vehicle turn around and loading times and report same.
- Maintaining fleet rate management.
- Liaising with Transport Team in upkeep of Transport details.
- Direct scheduling and routing throughout Europe
- Retail deliveries.
Applicants for this position must:
- Have 5+ years’ relevant experience and competence.
- Knowledge of transport and logistics procurement and operations & planning management.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong logistical and analytical skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of Europe.
- Proven background in numerical analysis.
- Commercial/Quality awareness.
- Experience with Customs paperwork.
- Proficient in Microsoft office with special attention to Excel and transport systems.
- Strong team player.
- Capability to work efficiently in a high-pressure transport environment whilst always ensuring attention to detail.
- You must have the ability to deal with queries and issues that may arise in a timely and efficient manner.
Salary: €38k- €40k
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Emma at Executive Talent