European Transport Planner
North Dublin, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be recruiting for a European transport planner to join our very successful client based in Dublin North. The successful candidate will plan, schedule and manage the distribution of product from the depot. This will involve managing company vehicles and working with logistics / warehouse team to dispatch sales orders. It will require regular communication with transport companies and sales team. The candidate will work on site and report to the Operations Director.
- Plan and schedule goods inwards
- Plan loading & delivery routes of company vehicles
- Collate and issue documentation for company drivers
- Issue delivery documentation to all delivery drivers
- Maintain delivery records for all goods dispatched
- Co-ordinate product returns from customers
- Liaise with Warehouse manager on day to day operations & product movements
- Liaise with Logistics Manager on goods inwards & planning
- Co-ordinate and monitor all KPI’s.
- Monitor vehicle turn around and loading times and report same
- Liaise with sales personnel to provide up to date information and excellent customer service
- Produce weekly / monthly / annual reports on transport operations
- Ensure vehicles are properly maintained and all relevant documentation is in order
- Develop and implement processes to improve operational effectiveness / efficiency
- Experience of warehouse administration & transport planning essential
- Excellent communications skills – phone, email & inter personal
- Good administration skills & proficiency in MS Office
- Experience of SAP or similar an advantage
- Knowledge of transport and logistics procurement and operations & planning management.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong logistical and analytical skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of region.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment with daily deadlines
- Good interpersonal communication skills to integrate into team
- Ability to work on own initiative and suggest improvements in process
- Ambition to develop & grow within the role