Dublin 24, Full Time
Executive Talent are currently working alongside our client to find a qualified Accountant to fill the position of Financial Controller within their Company. This is a hands-on position in a busy office environment and a busy organisation managing a team of 6.
Reporting to the local management the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage the month end closing process, preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to the Finance Director.
- Post Monthly General Ledger entries and reconcile accounts.
- Preparation of Annual Budget and cashflow forecast.
- Control and manage all aspects of accounts payable.
- Management of outgoing invoicing and credit control.
- Manage cash-flow and cash collections. A working knowledge of credit insurance, invoice discounting and management of working capital would be an advantage.
- Liaise with auditors for year end audit.
- Preparation and filing of VAT, PAYE, VIES and Intrastat returns in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Processing of weekly and monthly payroll.
- Ensuring the company is fully compliant with all relevant laws, accounting standards and filing requirements.
- Expenses control management.
- Renewal of annual insurance policies.
- Comply with and assist in all aspects of QA and H&S.
- Assist the IT manager with the management of IT for the company.
- Other ad-hoc duties as they arise.
- ACA fully qualified or similar.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Training will be provide on the operating software of the company.
- Knowledge of Sage an advantage.
- Previous experience of payroll software is required.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in industry would be preferable.
- Energetic with positive can do attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines.