Naas, Co. Kildare, Full Time
Executive Talent are delighted to be moving forward with our well established client based in Kildare to help expand their Road freight team. We currently have roles available for both entry level and experienced forwarders. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation who support development, education and career progression. EXET22
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and arranging multiple daily import groupage and full load shipments ex
Europe and/or Great Britain to Ireland.
- Arranging multiple shipments with overseas agents.
- Scheduling collections and deliveries with international hauliers, ensuring best possible rates and service levels.
- Timely advice of shipping and arrival details to Customs clearance team (where required), to ensure shipments are cleared in a timely manner.
- Inputting shipment bookings for both groupage and full load operations on Freight
Management System (Cargowise), including processing EDI’s.
- Arranging Irish collections and deliveries with relevant domestic hauliers in a timely manner, via email and EDI.
- Work closely with warehouse personnel to process road freight shipments efficiently.
- Updating customers and agents on service and delivery metrics, on a per shipment basis, as required.
- Respond to all queries in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Inputting shipment cost and sell pricing on the freight system.
- Issuing sales invoices to customers.
- Processing supplier invoices on receipt.
- Updating KPI’s as required on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with holiday cover within the operations office.
- Additional operational duties, which may be assigned by the Road Freight Manager.
- Recent experience in road freight operations, handling European and GB groupage and full load import shipments.
- Must have excellent oral and written English.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, with the ability to recognise and prioritise key tasks as they arise.
- Focus on quality and excellent customer service.
- Strong level of IT literacy in MS Outlook and Excel.
- Clear communication skills, for interaction with Customers, Colleagues and
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Strong experience in handling groupage and full load shipments ex GB to IE is an advantage.
- Freight forwarding industry certification, preferably with excellent understanding of multi modal freight and logistics.
- Some knowledge of customs requirements is preferable, to ensure correct communication with the Customs team.
- Dangerous Goods Awareness Training.