North Dublin, Full Time
Our client based in North Dublin are seeking an experienced Domestic Transport Planner to join their team. The ideal candidate will strategically plan and manage the transport requirements as well as administration and invoicing of same.
- Planning of domestic vehicles for transport of Domestic, Road Freight & Logistics customers
- Monitoring of vehicle utilization, trunking performance and load planning
- Manage transport administration and update collection/delivery statuses
- Monitor and deal with transport queries by liaising with other depots and departments
- Proactively liaise with warehouse and drivers to ensure a high-quality service
- Respond to enquiries and reported problems, bringing them to a satisfactory conclusion
- Processing of new job data as received from customers
- Application of customer rates and supplier charges where required
- Deal with calls from customers and drivers and assist in their enquiries
- Handle customers shipment tracking enquiries in a professional manner
- Relay customer service queries and issues to related teams and follow-up completion
- Ensure driver debrief is executed with all drivers returning to depot and ensure driver app and handheld units are working and being used correctly
- Ensure transport routing and GPS system is working being used at all times for distribution fleet based in Dublin
- Proficient in Microsoft office, word, excel and computer systems
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A minimum of one year previous experience in a planner capacity
- Logistics / Supply chain qualification preferred
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Location – North Dublin
Salary €33k – €35k
Please submit CV in strict confidence to Louise at Executive Talent